Giving from Your 401k or IRA Retirement Plan
Leave family the balance of savings and checking accounts, and donate double-taxed assets like IRAs to us.
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support Roswell Park far into the future.
How It Works
- Name or designate the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to Roswell Park by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell Roswell Park about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us, so if you don't tell us, we may not know.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.
Explore More Gift Options
Will or Trust →
You can plan a gift that will not affect your cash flow.
Appreciated Securities →
Take advantage of appreciated securities, avoid tax.
Life Insurance →
Make a significant gift, no matter the size of your estate.
Retirement Plan →
Donate double-taxed assets and leave more to family.
Donor-Advised Fund →
Make a gift from your DAF, or name us a beneficiary.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you in making your plans to benefit Roswell Park.